Rockbox is a free replacement firmware for digital music players. It runs on a wide range of players:
Rockbox runs well on these players, has a complete manual and is supported by the installer:
- Apple: iPod 1g through 5.5g, iPod Mini, iPod Nano 1g
- Archos: Jukebox 5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder, Recorder V2
- Cowon: iAudio X5, X5V, X5L, M5, M5L, M3 and M3L
- iriver: iHP100 series, H100 series, H300 series and H10 series
- MPIO: HD300
- Packard Bell: Vibe 500
- SanDisk: Sansa c200, e200 and e200R series, Fuze, Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip
- Toshiba: Gigabeat X and F series
Rockbox runs on these players, but is incomplete, less usable or has problems that limit it to advanced users:
Work has begun on porting Rockbox to these players, but much remains before they are usable:
- Onda VX747, VX767 and VX777
- Google Android
- Apple iPod Classic (6G)
- Rockchip rk27xx
- Samsung YP-R0
Click here for a status summary of unstable and unusable ports.
Why should you run Rockbox?
Contribute to Rockbox
If your player is not listed above, then Rockbox does not run on it.