Subject: Re: Loading Rockbox onto a 1TB iPod

Re: Loading Rockbox onto a 1TB iPod

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 15:50:05 +0200

Hello David,

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 4:58 PM, David Douglas <dadfb65_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have installed it, but when I try to bring it up the Rockbox logo appears
> and then an error message:
> ATA error: -11
> Press ON to debug

I don't know about your combination, but I remember not all SSD drives
being fully compatible. Search the forums for SSD mods, you might find
working combinations there. Also, it seems looking into
http://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/#/c/469/1 could be worth a shot. I guess
you would need to apply that to Rockbox and the bootloader as well.
Try catching devs familiar with that on IRC -- I can't assist with
that further.

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin_at_cableone.net> wrote:
> If RockBox has an HD limitation, perhaps it can read over multiple
> partitions.

This has nothing to do with the OP's question.

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Sebastiano Idiometri
<sebabes97_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> It you have a Mac you must use iPod patcher, and than you have to read the
> instructions how to install... If you install rockbox correctly it will

This has nothing to do with the OP's question either. He already
managed to install Rockbox, but Rockbox has problems accessing the
drive. Besides, you don't need to use ipodpatcher on Mac OS X. We have
Rockbox Utility, and it supports OS X.

Please guys, read the problem first. If you don't understand it don't
answer randomly different questions.

 - Dominik