Subject: Re[2]: descramble
From: Eric Linenberg (
Date: 2001-12-10

Ah, I am a dreamer. I am a 5th year Computer Engineering major @
University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, USA. Björn, as I look at
your site, I can't help but wonder what the future holds for the
Archos/Archos Recorder. I currently own a recorder, and would love
for someone to work on this too :) -- who knows maybe I will after

For an example of a GREAT interface with regards to MP3 players look
no further then the RioVolt/iriver 250. The play modes on this are
incredible, and if the Archos could accomplish anything like this,
then the player would be worth so much more to me!

Your list of dreams -- I will leave it as dreams for now is:

No pause between songs
Mid-song resume
Mid-playlist resume
No-scan playlists
Unlimited playlist size
Autobuild playlists (such as "all songs in this directory tree")
Auto-continue play in the next directory

and I would have to add the following features to this list:

current folder and all sub-folder random play
full disk random play
REAL random (if press back it goes to the previous song that was played)
different (faster) scroll speeds for text
multi song queue (folder queue)

and so many more things that will make the Archos the best device out

Best of luck to everyone involved in this ambitious project.