Subject: Display charset
From: Bjrn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2001-12-11

Just some notes from testing:

I, as I imagine other european Archos owners, miss the high-bit half of
the iso-8859-1 character set (such as ) so I did
some testing:

Version 3.18 simply strips the high bit off all characters.

Version 4.13e appears to not strip or convert at all. "" displays as
"".

Version 4.53 and later converts to 7bit ASCII in a semi-intelligent
manner. "" displays as "aao".

Now the result from v4.13 tells me there is at least limited high-bit
character display capability in this thing. I've found what looks like the
conversion table in v5.03a (at 0xe3bc) but changing it didn't make any
difference.

Looking forward to a datasheet! :-)

/Bjrn