Subject: RE: Datasheet for display?
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2001-12-13 wrote:

> hello, i'm not as technical as you are, but I found some thing on the net
> without searching that deep :

This is very interesting! I've been looking at the various photos on the web.

> First
> 0049nnnnn to 0050????

Actually, it starts even earlier. Mine is a 0046. I think this is simply the
manufacturing date. Mine was made week 46, 2000. I have v3.18 in ROM. And
FINALLY I now understand why I never see the "Charging" message everybody
keeps talking about! :-)

I've also found what looks like the PCB version number. If you look in the
lower left corner of the board in this photo: see a text "OS MP3CPU-5". That 5 is probably the version number. On TJs
photos in the Yahoo forum, the number is 8.2 and his manufacturing date is
0139. His boards also seem to have a lot less patches than mine. :-)