Subject: Re: First program
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2001-12-13

Eric Linenberg wrote:

> It would be great if you could give a step-by-step for setting up gcc to
> compile the code for the jukebox.

It's a pretty standard case of building a cross-gcc for the sh-elf target.
There's a FAQ here: http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
And the code is here: http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

You need the Binutils, GCC and Newlib packages. There were a few bumps in the
road as I recall it, but nothing major. I went with GCC version 3.0.2.

Being the impatient person I am, I don't plan on repeating the build process
for the sole purpose of documentation. But I recognize there might be a need
for it and so encourage the next guy who builds sh-elf-gcc to jot down some
notes that may help his fellow developers.

/Björn