Subject: Re: recorder schematics (differences)
From: Joachim Schiffer (gemoin_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2001-12-17

> Strange design. Did you see what ON and OFF are connected to?

The OFF Button pulls Pin109 (PB4) to GND, if it is pressed.

The circuit around the ON button is a bit more complicated,
my trace ended at an ic labeled with "TM41ST84W", i suppose
its a realtime-clock, but i'm not sure...
I suppose the ON key is also connected to the cpu somehow,
because you can lock the keyboard by holding the ON button and
other things...
Maybe the Clockchip has an output which goes to the CPU?
I'll have a look at the manufacturer website (SGS-Thomson).

If i manage to define the needed devices in eagle, I try to draw a
schematic of the things I discovered so far, so that we have a schematic
of the player and the recorder.
At the moment i'm trying to define the CPU, which is quite dificult,
if you make this your first time ;)

/Joachim