Subject: My first Mod.
From: Justin F. Knotzke (
Date: 2001-12-17

        I have a few questions about writing a mod for the Archos Juke 6K.

        Can you write the code in C or does it have to be in assembler?

        Is there some sort of FAQ or quick HOWTO in how to write a "Hello
World\n" for it?

        Does the Juke use some sort of embedded OS? I have an embedded Linux
board and I am in the process of porting LAME to it to act as a realtime
MP3 encoder and I was wondering if there was a way to get the archos to
do it if it actually had a processor in it.

        Also, on a side note lots of people on another mailing list are
saying that the charger that comes with the Archos could fry the unit. I
think maybe most of those problems with the charger came with the older
units but the most recent ones don't have this problem. Am I correct?

Justin F. Knotzke
pgp public key