Subject: RE: maximum mod size?
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (
Date: 2001-12-17

> This might be a stupid question, but what's the maximum mod size?

Since the flash size is 256K, I suspect that the code that
loads the firmware from disk and puts it into RAM expects it
to be less than 256K as well.

I would guess that the maximum mod size would be about 250K, since
the flash code sets the stack pointer at 250K from the start of
RAM, and I assume that the loaded firmware is put at the start
of RAM at 0x9000000, since the exception vectors are located

> Is the mod loaded to RAM and executed? Does this mean that
> less mp3 caching space is available the bigger the mod gets?

Correct. The flash is not updated. This leaves us less RAM for
audio data buffering.