Subject: Re: LCD code for recorder

Re: LCD code for recorder

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 11:31:03 +0100 (CET)

Gary Czvitkovicz wrote:

> I've worked with the LCD controller used by the recorder on another
> project, so I've put together some code to drive it.

Great! This comes very handy, since the LCD is something of a stepping stone
that unlocks a lot of other stuff. Being able to display information will
greatly improve the speed of discovery and development.

I'm guessing the tricky thing left to do is to figure out the command codes
used on the AJB6K display controller.

I'll be away for the week, so I don't expect to be trying anything with this
myself until next weekend. But I'm sure someone else will. :-)

> Any info on the display used on the AJB6K? From a quick look at the
> disassembled firmware, it seems like a different controller, but it uses a
> similar serial data protocol. It seems to take ASCII characters directly
> and does it's own character generation.

Yes, the AJB6K has a character (rather than bitmap) display. It seems to take
ASCII, or at least 8 bits per character. There is a translation table in the
firmware that indicates the display does not use normal ASCII.

/Björn