Subject: Re: some basic dev questions
From: Bjorn.Stenberg_at_contactor.se
Date: 2002-01-03

Stuart Martin wrote:

> But how would this particular question (ram available to the mp3 chip) be
> answered?

It is already answered in the data sheets. The decoder chip in the JB6K has 1 kWord available (1 instruction/word) and the Recorder's chip has 4 kWord available.

Unfortunately, this information doesn't help us much since we don't know how much space we need for an Ogg decoder. I've searched the Ogg mailing list archives, but found very little information about Ogg implementations for DSPs.

/Björn