Subject: (no subject)
From: alankorr (alankorr_at_subdimension.com)
Date: 2002-01-05

Hi,

Regarding with the HD problem, I must warn you : be very
careful when creating your own "OS" ! I had similar problem
and I losed my HD : after plugging it to IDE connector on my
PC, Windows or Linux was unable to reformat it even if they
could detect it. Maybe a lock command was set on my HD... I
suspect software can damage HD, in so far as it happened
when I removed my initialisation code in my own software.

Or maybe voltage on my batteries were too low for HD power
(what if my HD has a minimal working voltage higher than the
original HD has) ?

Anyway, I DID lose my HD.

Now my own "OS" software ALWAYS initializes ports correctly
and it works.

So be very careful !

// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com