Subject: AW:

AW:

From: edx <Felix.Arends_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:27:46 +0100

> Hold on. Can someone explain. I don't believe it is possible to
physically
> destroy a HDD via s/w. So what is happening to these drives? Are they
> reformatable on a PC?

I don't have any experience with it (I didn't take may JB apart), but
from what the others say it seems like it is possible to physically
destroy a HDD (at least with a JB HDD). Normally they should be
reformatable on a PC, but it is not enough to simply plug in the USB
cable because as the JB will detect an error on the HD the drive won't
show up (at least in windows).
So... well... as you can see this is actually pretty bad and I hope
they'll repair my JB asap.

/edx