Subject: Project name
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-01-08

This isn't really the most important of issues, but...

I don't really like the name "Open Source Jukebox". It's more a
description than a project name, and a bit too general to uniquely
identify this specific project. It's not unthinkable that someone creates
another mp3 player application that is also called (or described as) "Open
Source Jukebox".

I was bouncing a few name ideas with Linus (whom I work with) during lunch
today, and after much frowning he came up with a suggestion:

  Rocky

It's got a musical reference (rock) and, for the imaginative, I'm sure
there's a couple of fun allegories to be drawn from the movie if we want
to. :-)

A quick net search reveals no rocky projects on freshmeat or sourceforge,
and google only returns a bunch of references to the Rocky Mountains and
Rocky Horror Picture Show. So it doesn't appear occupied.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

/Björn