Subject: RE: Project name
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-01-08

Henri.David_at_nokia.com wrote:

> And what about a word without any meaning ?
> like Eseal or Mynorca or Reylap

I'm all for that. I'm just lousy at coming up with them, so fire away.

I don't know if your examples were suggestions, but I don't think any of them
quite fits. Eseal looks like a misspelling of Eazel, Mynorca sounds like
Menorca (a beach resort island in the Canary Islands) and Reylap well, hmm,
just doesn't have that ring to it. What, me picky? :-)

I kind of like the sound of "Punch" (matches well with Smash, one of my other
projects ;), unfortunately all the other projects with "punch" in their names
is about virtual time punch cards. Also, it doesn't have the subject
connection that Rocky does. If we go for a word without meaning, I think we
should make up a whole new word rather than use something completely
unrelated.

Portmap is a unix system daemon, so it's definitely "taken" already.

I'd say Rocky is still our top contender so far. But I'm not in a hurry to
make a decision about this, so everyone just keep it in the back of your heads
for a while and post a message here if you come up with something snappy.

/Björn