Subject: RE: some qs
From: Stuart Martin (Stuart.Martin_at_valtech.co.uk)
Date: 2002-01-11

Björn Stenberg:

>The archos have two distinct run modes: MP3 Player Mode and USB Harddisk
>Mode. In MP3 player mode, there is no good reason for playback to be
>interrupted by anything other than errors. In USB harddisk mode, there
>can be no music playback since the USB chip is in charge of the hard
>drive.

Great news - USB mode excepted, we can keep the music playing continuously!

What techniques are available to us to perform 'parallel' tasks, i.e. our
software is playing an mp3, and the user begins browsing the directory
structure: how does the software respond to the user's commands as well as
ensuring the next song in the playlist is delivered to the dsp decoder?
LATEST NEWS FROM VALTECH
CRM - Delivering on expectations
John Plumpton, Senior Business Consultant at Valtech, has written an article
for CommsDealer in which he outlines how a properly structured CRM solution
can provide much-needed competitive advantage. To read the article, please
visit the pressroom at http://www.valtech.co.uk

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains Proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute,
copy, print or rely on this e-mail.
All information contained within this e-mail is subject to the Terms &
Conditions of Valtech Ltd. which are available upon request.