Subject: Re: Nuke & RemoClone
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-01-11

gizz wrote:

> I'm _NOT_ promoting any nuclear project

Yes, I understood that. I was just thinking what people might associate to
when they heard the name for the first time.

> is the project aimed for every Jukebox, or only player/studio/recorder

Well we don't know any other jukeboxes yet, so those are all we can
support.

> Because I didn't understand well where we connect it to the jukebox
> (ear/line in/line out) what ring exactly, and what ring for the gnd,

It's connected to the headphone plug. The signals are as follows:

Tip: Left audio
Ring 1: Right audio
Ring 2: Serial data
Base: Ground

> My project now is to be able to plug the jukebox to a PC (via the
> serial port) and exchange data this way.

Nice project. Note that you have to make a converter for this to work,
since the signal levels are not right for RS-232.

> If it work so, it would be cool then to test my mods without the need
> to plug/unplug/wait for *damn* w!nd0ws to eject the jukebox grrr

Hehe, poor windows users!

$ mount /mnt/archos; cp archos.mod /mnt/archos; umount /mnt/archos

Takes me about half a second. And no mouse clicks. :-)

/Björn