Subject: RE: My fried harddisks

RE: My fried harddisks

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:28:22 +0100 (CET)

Sven Karlsson wrote:

> Well then I'm puzzled again. Could it be a real "physical" hard drive
> crash somehow induced by software? What happens if you just write a
> piece of code that that checks for bad sectors?

How do I check for bad sectors when all sector read/writes return error?
:)

> Björn, what did you actually try to do when all this happened?

I wish I knew...

The code I was running is test code for communicating with the MAS chip
over the I2C bus. It is not trying to do anything with IDE.

That said, my code also didn't setup PA2 as CS6 explicitly. I assumed the
Firmware did this for me. If not, the IDE may have been flooded by bus
traffic.

--
Björn