Subject: RE: My fried harddisks
From: Sven Karlsson (svenka_at_it.kth.se)
Date: 2002-01-22

Hi again,

>The thing is that the drive still responds to the ID command,
>reporting the identity and size correctly. So the buffers can't be
>that damaged...

Aha, I missed that. Sorry!

Well then I'm puzzled again. Could it be a real "physical" hard drive crash
somehow induced by software? What happens if you just write a piece of code
that that checks for bad sectors? It looks a little bit like it can seek but
not read which might indicate missing low level format information like for
instance sector/track start sequence.

Björn, what did you actually try to do when all this happened? I'm sorry if
you wrote it an old mail somewhere. I get too many mails each day. :-I

Best regards
 Sven