Subject: RE: My fried harddisks
From: Nicolas Sauzede (
Date: 2002-01-22

I'm very sorry you fried your HD, Björn..

I hope that was not your only RockBox-compatible HD, and that you can
continue listen to music and hack your firmware :-/

I presume, from what you said (ATA access errors, etc..) that my
procedure (I posted sometime ago) for recovering access to the
USB-storage device won't work for you, sadly..

Sorry, I can't help...

BTW, I just wanted to tell Alan that digrom2 works for me now.. (at
last !!!)
So I got ROM1.DAT and ROM2.DAT, but I couldn't figure the format of the
second -- strange, there seems to be a vector table at start, just
after 'ARCH', but it doesn't seem to have a length of 0x200 bytes..
Then, the rest of the bytes doesn't dissasemble to something healthy..
Must be scrambled or something... (strange)

Have a nice day,

Yahoo! Courrier :