Subject: GDB and serial port
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (
Date: 2002-02-06

Hi everyone!

I am writing a Gnu Debugger stub for the jukebox, and
I plan to use serial port 0 as the debugging port.
This requires a modification to the Jukebox since
only the Rx line is connected to the remote control.

I have the following idea:

- Cut the wires from the Line In connector.

- Connect Rx and Tx to the Line In connector

- Connect Line In to the PC via an external RS232 converter

I have one small problem. The Tx line from the SH1 is probably
not connected to anything on the circuit board, so I will have
to solder a wire directly to the CPU pin itself. Not for the
weak hearted, I know.

Does anyone know if the Tx line is connected to anything, or do
I have to dust off my magnifying glass?