Subject: Progress!!!
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-03-07

Hello, fellow Rockbox developers!

I have taken the first steps towards a GDB serial debugger for the Jukebox.

Step 1:
  I opened up the Jukebox and connected the serial port 1 Rx and Tx to the
Line In jack.

Step 2:
  I designed an RS232 converter for the PC serial port.

Step 3:
  I wrote a small program for the Jukebox that echoes incoming serial data
on port 1.

Shebang!!!

I will post all information, source codes and schematics soon on the project
site. Then I will start working on the GDB stub. The debugging environment
is within reach!

Writing the GDB stub is kind of tricky, so don't expect it to be ready
tomorrow...

/Linus