Subject: I got one too

I got one too

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:42:33 +0100 (MET)

Yay

So, I've owned my Archos Recorder now several days.

The documentation for the box is really crap I must say, I've not yet learned
how to operate the thing even though I've actually read through the manual!

That also says a lot about the software. It is really crappy. Now I fully
understand why you all are here and why I'll participate in this with (even
more) joy now! ;-)

The earphones make noise when I change volume using the wheel connected to
them. Also, I think the volume is too involved to change on the box itself.
What do you guys feel that buy new earphones without a volume "wheel"?

I got 8 batteries included, while it seems to should have been only four?

Other news from last week that the other guys have been quiet about so far:

* Björn's Jukebox CPU seems to have a broken serial port, we've chased around
  for Swedish dealers that can sell us a PROM-version of a 7034, but so far
  we've only found resellers selling no less than 40 pieces for 20US$ a
  piece...

* Linus broke his Jukebox when he dissassembled his box and use a little
  exessive force when he put it back again. Apparently some circuits burned.

* We might get an SH-1 emulator for the project, thanks to a friend's
  friend. I can't into details on this yet, as this isn't at all certain.

* I've learned a lot about which Linux kernel modules you need to talk to
  your Recorder, and which that simply cause core dumps! ;-)

I'll soon post about my GUI thoughts, now that I have a machine to look at
and get ideas from.

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Hacking Archos => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/