Subject: Re: I got one too
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-03-25

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> That also says a lot about the software. It is really crappy. Now I
> fully understand why you all are here and why I'll participate in this
> with (even more) joy now! ;-)

An idea: Try to write down, as soon as possible, all the things that annoy
you and how things ought to work instead.

I have found myself I've gotten used to the quirky interface long ago and
now mostly notice the bugs and missing functions. This makes it harder for
me to think up a better interface, since I'm "tainted" by the current one.

> The earphones make noise when I change volume using the wheel connected to
> them. Also, I think the volume is too involved to change on the box itself.
> What do you guys feel that buy new earphones without a volume "wheel"?

Actually, the volume is very easy to change on the recorder. You don't
need to go through the menu, just press UP or DOWN while playing a song
and the volume changes. It's so simple I can do it through the fabric of a
closed bag or pocket. The protruding PLAY/PAUSE button helps you locate
the button area.

The player is more complex: You need to hold down ON and press + or -
simultaneously. I rarely managed to do that "blind".

But, yeah, they don't write those things in the manual...

--
Björn