Subject: Re: I got one too

Re: I got one too

From: Mats Lidell <matsl_at_contactor.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:39:31 +0100

>>>>> Daniel wrote:

Daniel> The earphones make noise when I change volume using the wheel
Daniel> connected to them. Also, I think the volume is too involved to
Daniel> change on the box itself. What do you guys feel that buy new
Daniel> earphones without a volume "wheel"?

Yes, it is a bit hard to change volume on the player. I don't like it
although I have learned it by now.

The problem as I see it is that even if you could make it darn simple
from the buttons it is hard to get to them when the player is in your
pocket. Unfortunately I think it is hard to get a digital interface
right for the volume. It should have been a knob.

Daniel> I got 8 batteries included, while it seems to should have been
Daniel> only four?

I got eight to.

Daniel> I'll soon post about my GUI thoughts, now that I have a
Daniel> machine to look at and get ideas from.

IMHO there are two things to fix first for the player:

1. When stopping from an m3u-file you are located in the folder where
   the mp3-file is located. So you can't easily change albums or even
   only m3u-files are visible!? (I have all my songs in m3u-files in
   the root-folder anyway so why be bothered with the folder
   structure?)

2. A working random-mode where you can select one ore more albums for
   the random-mode to pick songs from.

Disclaimer: I haven't checked the archos site for quite a while for
updates so these things might have been fixed or changed.

Yours
--
%% Mats