Subject: Re: UI "simulator" thoughts
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-03-26

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Jerome Kuptz wrote:

> I'm primarily a Windows coder myself. I'd be interested in working on
> the UI simulator port.

Cool! ;-)

It really isn't much there yet, but it'll come. I've checked in code to the
CVS and it can be browsed from here:

        http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rockbox/uisimulator/

(To extract the sources using a CVS client, read this page:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=44306)

The code is still mainly X11-oriented, with no real effort been put in making
a good layer to support the various platforms/targets.

I intend to strike down on a text-drawing function now, to make it possible
to write strings using proportional characters on the recorder and X11.

I'll base my efforts on the fine code Gary Czvitkovicz posted back in
December, available here:
http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/mail/rockbox-archive-2001-12/0145.shtml

... and some other proportional fonts code Björn mailed me yesterday.

I'll try to hang out in #rockbox, so if anyone wants to chime in... feel
welcome! ;-)

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Hacking Archos => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/