Subject: RE: Recorder LCD and UI ideas

RE: Recorder LCD and UI ideas

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:48:36 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Alan Korr wrote:

> >Yes. Did anyone of you filesystem fiddlers (Linus, Alan, anyone?) think in
> >terms of upper level api yet? I mean, not the specific details but in
> >concepts?
>
> Too early. I prefer to do things in incremental order :

Well, I'm not saying you'd implement things in any other order. We could
still think further than what you have code for just for the moment.

We take better advantage of our huge amount of coding-happy people if we can
work in parallell, like what we're starting to see on the LCD front.

We could have parts of the team work "from above" writing things that use a
filesystem, even though the file system doesn't exist (done by the team
working "from the bottom"). Thus, when we eventually get the filesystem
working, we'll have lots of almost ready code to put ontop right away.

At least, it *could* work this way.

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Hacking Archos => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/