Subject: Re: Recorder LCD and UI ideas
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-04-02

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Gary Czvitkovicz wrote:

> I've finally gotten back to playing around with the recorder firmware over
> the last few weeks. It looks like things are picking up here, so I better
> submit the stuff I've been doing. Here's a collection of LCD code
> enhancements and ideas for a user interface.

I'm gonna be up to my ears in work for the nearest weeks, so I'm not gonna be
able to merge your fixes into what is now in the firmware directory.

I'd suggest that you and Alan sort out how to put your recorder-sources in
there together with Alan's already added player-sources. I mean, they should
be made to re-use as much code as possible, to use the same headers etc.

We should proabably just have a #define somewhere, saying if we want to build
a player or a recorder firmware.

Once you've got the files in place, I'll try to update the ui simulator for
x11. Unless someone else beats me to it.

BTW, Rob's approach just posted (about the battery widget), will require us
to implement a drawline() routine for the recorder. Which I figure "we"
already had planned to do...

Can't wait to implement stupid screen savers! ;-)

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Hacking Archos => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/