Subject: Merging our LCD codes
From: Alan Korr (
Date: 2002-04-02

>On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Gary Czvitkovicz wrote:
>> I've finally gotten back to playing around with the recorder firmware
>> over the last few weeks. It looks like things are picking up here,
>> so I better submit the stuff I've been doing. Here's a collection
>> of LCD code enhancements and ideas for a user interface.
>I'm gonna be up to my ears in work for the nearest weeks, so I'm not
>gonna be able to merge your fixes into what is now in the firmware
>I'd suggest that you and Alan sort out how to put your recorder-
>sources in there together with Alan's already added player-sources.
>I mean, they should be made to re-use as much code as possible,
>to use the same headers etc.

Well, a part of my lcd.h/c can be used for JBR, so Gary can use my lcd_data or lcd_instruction or likes (asm optimized both for speed and space) to create his higher level routines. I can be present at #rockbox on IRC if he wants to see me.

>We should proabably just have a #define somewhere, saying if we
>want to build a player or a recorder firmware.

In my source, you must define "JBP" or "JBR" depending for which model we want to compile. But most of "JBR" parts are FIXME :).

This mail was sent using - Send Your Mail Now!