Subject: Re: My Archos Recorder is Silly
From: Brian King (brking_at_charter.net)
Date: 2002-04-06

What is in /var/log/messages? If the fat32 driver encounters fatal errors
reading the fat it will set the partition read only to prevent someone from
potentially corrupting it. I've encountered this before (usually after a few
hot unplugs of the USB cable) and ended up formatting the drive to make it work
properly again. (remember the -F 32 option to mkdosfs...)

-Brian

--
Microsoft has detected that your mouse has moved.
You must reboot the system for the changes to take effect.