Subject: Re: Re[2]: playlist ideas
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-04-23

Eric Linenberg wrote:

> If anyone has used the empeg/riocar mp3 player, then you know it is
> one streamlined player.

I think this interface idea sounds great.

A problem, however, is that this approach requires us to have the full
playlist, with pathnames, in memory. Pressing "playall" in the root of my
disk means queueing 5500+ files. That will require a lot of memory (500+
kB for me) which will result in more spinups and less battery life.

The riocar has no problem with this, because:
 1) They have 16MB ram
 2) They can spin the disk as much as they want

This does not mean I'm tossing the idea as such, just that we have to
figure out a way to do it without spending large portions of our ram.

--
Björn