Subject: RE: Trouble Compile W32 Version with VC++4.0

RE: Trouble Compile W32 Version with VC++4.0

From: edx <Felix.Arends_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:25:36 +0200

> List of contacts on the Website, but no emails.
> How is Felix eMail ? I have write to him.

edx_at_codeforce.d2g.com

> Hi Felix

Hi

> The Source from the CVS Tree for uisimulator/w32 can not use
> out of the box with VC++ 4.0. Looks Like the is VC.NET
> Compiler use for the w32 develop.
>
> nmake report some errors.
>
> 1. can't make tetris.o
> 2. can't make file-win32.o
> 3. can't find Release/uisw32.res

1. fixed.
2. fixed.
3. well.. You have to rebuild that indeed (maybe i'll upload that
file...)

> after i copy some files to "uisimulator/w32",
> and use a ResourceEditor to build the Binary file
> "uisw32.res" from "uisw32.rc" and patch some lines in makefile.

The makefile is patched now. You only have to rebuild the resource.

> Now i can play Tetris. :)

Fine :) With the latest code you can also browse your hd.

> Wishes:
> 1.
>
> Please put the uisimulator Binarys on the WebPage.
> Thats i very great Public Relation action.
> Not everyone has a C++ Compiler ready PC installation.

CVS is not thought for the binarys. Maybe Björn can put them on the
RockBox page (?)

> 2.
>
> Felix can you Fix the makefile for VC++.

Ok.

--
edx (Felix Arends)