Subject: Re: randomness and playlists
From: Andrew Jamieson (ajamiesn_at_mira.net)
Date: 2002-05-02

This is a good idea. A couple of questions:

* What are you planning to use as the entropy source for the random seed?
The least significant digits on keystroke timing and hard disk spin-up
timing is sometimes used in crypto circles. Also there are the A/D inputs
(that go somewhere, and may not be usable, I'll check this).

* What algorithm are you thinking of for the iterations (something like
SHA-1 would be indistingushible from random for our purposes, but is
probably overkill)? And how do we stop songs repeating?

Just trying to make myself feel useful (or at least annoying) ;)