Subject: Gentlemen, we have SOUND!

Gentlemen, we have SOUND!

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <"Nielsen>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:33:09 +0200

A few minutes ago, I played the first 4 seconds of MP3 audio with the
Rockbox drivers!

We still have some things to do with the firmware to play songs from the
hard drive, but it is not far away now. The FAT32 driver works in the
simulator, but we still need to test it in the target. The MAS3507D driver
is, well, not a driver at all, but experimental code in the test/i2c
directory.

However, we have passed a milestone in the project!

If you want to know, the 4 seconds of music was the beginning of "Arcade" by
Machinae Supremacy. You can download it here:
http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/machinae_supremacy_-_arcade.mp3

Keep on rocking!!!!

Linus Nielsen Feltzing