Subject: Gentlemen, we have SOUND!
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (
Date: 2002-05-03

A few minutes ago, I played the first 4 seconds of MP3 audio with the
Rockbox drivers!

We still have some things to do with the firmware to play songs from the
hard drive, but it is not far away now. The FAT32 driver works in the
simulator, but we still need to test it in the target. The MAS3507D driver
is, well, not a driver at all, but experimental code in the test/i2c

However, we have passed a milestone in the project!

If you want to know, the 4 seconds of music was the beginning of "Arcade" by
Machinae Supremacy. You can download it here:

Keep on rocking!!!!

Linus Nielsen Feltzing