Subject: Re: Status report
From: George Styles (
Date: 2002-05-08

Sorry if im out of place speaking, as I am not contributing to the coding at
all (time restrictions).

I agree with you, I would love to see a basic release, with playing MP3s &
volume, and not much else. That would prob'ly provide me with the
inspiration to get involved on a practical level. I simply dont have time to
do the required experiments with driving the HW directly from scratch, but
examples ALWAYS improve the situation.

Once that happens, I will grab the compiler, and start playing around with

ps Am I right in saying that as the ATAPI->USB is handled by a hardware
chip, I can still access the HDD via USB and remove any failing firmware?
also, I heard somewhere that its possible to set registers so two outputs
are connected together, thus blowing the ATAPI interface. Does anyone know
if this is urban myth?

Good work