Subject: Re: Status report
From: George Styles (george_at_ripnet.co.uk)
Date: 2002-05-08

Hi,

Sorry if im out of place speaking, as I am not contributing to the coding at
all (time restrictions).

I agree with you, I would love to see a basic release, with playing MP3s &
volume, and not much else. That would prob'ly provide me with the
inspiration to get involved on a practical level. I simply dont have time to
do the required experiments with driving the HW directly from scratch, but
examples ALWAYS improve the situation.

Once that happens, I will grab the compiler, and start playing around with
it!

ps Am I right in saying that as the ATAPI->USB is handled by a hardware
chip, I can still access the HDD via USB and remove any failing firmware?
also, I heard somewhere that its possible to set registers so two outputs
are connected together, thus blowing the ATAPI interface. Does anyone know
if this is urban myth?

thanks

Good work

cheers