Subject: Re: Status report
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-05-08

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> It would be really cool if we could have 1.0 work on both Players and
> Recorders... Any ideas on the differences between them when it comes
> to the MP3 decoding?

There are some substantial differences. First, the MAS is another model
and also on the recorder it's connected to the cpu via the system bus and
not via a serial interface. This could actually make the code simpler, but
we haven't done much target debugging on the recorder yet.

I agree, it would be nice to release both simultaneously. But I don't
think I want to delay a Player release if the Recorder code is "late".

--
Björn