Subject: quick and dirty mp3 file splitting
From: Alan Korr (
Date: 2002-05-09

Hum okay, it would be very easy to split a file into two partitions of clusters

1) the first file keeps the first partition of clusters (no need to change the
start cluster, just need to be sure that the next cluster of the last cluster
in the partition is marked as end of cluster) and change the file size.

2) the second file (after being created) gets a copy of the last cluster from
the first partition, fill a bunch of 0 where it is necessary in this cluster
and link it with the second partition.

That should be all.