Subject: incorporate libmad in CVS?
From: Dave Chapman (
Date: 2002-05-10

I don't know how important MPEG audio playback in the uisimulator is to
people, which is why I am asking this question.

Should I commit a copy of the relevant libmad code to the uisimulator CVS? I
think this would be sensible unless we keep the mpeg audio playback as an
"optional extra".

Incorporating the code should make it easier for a win32 implementation - all
that is will be needed is for someone to write a routine to output the sound
samples produced by libmad to the sound card.

libmad contains some large lookup tables and the total required source code
is about 900K in size.

I have looked for win32 applications using libmad and found "Coolplayer", a
sourceforge program. This is released under the GPL and would be a good
source of code to incorporate mpeg audio playback in the win32 simulator.