Subject: Re: Back to wav

Re: Back to wav

From: Brent Roberts <linuxbrent_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:51:52 -0700 (PDT)

Monkey's Audio Compressor gets about 50% compression.
It's probably the best out there.
www.monkeysaudio.com
It's open-source, but the license is restrictive.
pkzip compression is nothing like the MAC format,
which still takes some amount of processing power to
achieve.

What about the fact that the archos chokes on only
384kbps? (Or so I hear...)

Anyway, there is a Winamp MAC decoder, so it is sort
of a streaming format.

-Brent Roberts