Subject: idea
From: The Phoenix (
Date: 2002-05-12

Hello all,

I had mentioned this in irc at some point, and it seemed to go over as a
good idea.

I tend to use my Archos for data back up as well as music. This provides
the problem that on the Archos, the data files don't get listed. I would
like to see them, I just don't think we should be able to play them ;)

I assume we could read the head of a file to decide if it is or isn't mp3.
We list it in either case, but if it is not mp3, ou can't play it. I
think this makes more sense then judging by the file name or extension.

What do you think?

                    Robert E. Hak

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he
 would never be found out."
        - T.B. Macaulay