Subject: Compiling the compiler!
From: Nick Robinson (
Date: 2002-05-20

I'm trying to install the GCC compiler on my PC. I have installed cygwin,
and have got to 'building the binutils' step on the help page:

> cd build/binutils
/build/binutils> ../../binutils-2.11/configure --target=sh-elf --prefix=/sh1

When I get the error:

***.../../binutils-2.11/ has no "per host" line.
As well as a popup message saying that the:"cygintl-1.dll" file cannot be

What am I doing wrong?

(a non unix person!).