Subject: Getting your hands wet
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2002-06-05

With the recent attention and flood of newcomers on this list, I thought I'd
take the liberty to make a little post again about how you proceed to build
this yourself.

This mail details pretty much of it:

If you wanna build "The Real Thing" (as opposed to just a simulator), you
will need the sh-elf tools, and how to build and install them are detailed on
Linus' brilliantly simple instructions here:

If getting stuff from CVS is too bold for you (we strongly recommend the CVS
approach, the source is moving), get the latest daily tarball from here:

Good luck. And happy rockboxing! ;-)

  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box =>