Subject: Progress report
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-06-07

Hello fellow rockers!

Today I opened up my Recorder 20 and wired the serial port to the Line-In
jack to be able to debug it. Having done that, it took only a minute to find
out what made the ATA code not work. The Recorder schematic on the ATA
address decoder wasn't correct, so our ATA code used the wrong address for
the CONTROL and ALT_STATUS registers.

Now when the ATA problem is gone we are able to browse directories in the
Recorder as well, but not yet play any MP3 files. I will begin the MP3
driver development for the recorder as soon as I can, now that I have
debug-enabled my recorder.

/Linus Nielsen Feltzing