Subject: Re: Re: Archos with Mac

Re: Re: Archos with Mac

From: Magnus Andersson <suphazven_at_home.se>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 12:13:33 +0900

-----Original Message-----
From: Diddystar5_at_aol.com
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:29:16 EDT
Subject: Re: Archos with Mac

just take the firmware and copy/paste the file in the archos and make sure
you name it archos. Hope this works but i dont know much about mac

> Well... if it only where that easy. I tried belive me. But hidden files seems to remain hidden on mac (which means that I can't just copy-paste, I just get an error message, in Japanese). And I don't have a clue as how to proceed about how to remove "Don't show hidden files" on this Language version of MacOS. And on the Archos homepage they seem to have a firmware intergrated in the firmwareupdater. I can't really see the point of this, but it might have something to do with why it isn't workin as you would have expected coming from a pc enviorment?

Well, I'm still open for suggestions. Have to say that I'm really surprised that Archos haven't gotten around to release the latest firmware(installer) for mac yet... it was ages ago that firmware got released!

Well see ya, I'm still interested in information about an overlook of the activity of the firmware development. I don't want to cause a mess tho. Better to keep your focus on the actual development! ;)

/Magnus