Subject: Re: A cheaper remote option?
From: George Styles (
Date: 2002-06-09

I bought the remote, and apart from it being shipped with flat batteries, I
am very pleased with it, especially now that the new firmware for the
recorder allows full browsing with it. (a 'skip to next track in a different
dir. feature would be nice though).

It is quite neat, and I happened to need a car adapter anyway (although why
I would need another set of headphones for use in the car is a mystery to

Its VERY difficult to make your own electronics neatly, particularly when
they are very small, like a remote, also it will get a certain amount of
bashing while being carried around.

IMHO its worth splashing out and buying the 'proper' one.

on a side note, has neone else noticed that Archos are no longer promising a
separate remote for the recorder? it was 'coming soon' on their site for
ages, but has now disappeared???