Subject: RE: Re: Archos with Mac
From: Justin Fisher (JustinF_at_valvesoftware.com)
Date: 2002-06-09

>Well, I'm still open for suggestions. Have to say that I'm really
>surprised that Archos haven't gotten around to release the latest
>firmware(installer) for mac yet... it was ages ago that firmware
>got released!

Er... the firmware is the same no matter which platform you are using. There
is no mac-version, or pc-version, it's archos firmware, not mac firmware or
pc firmware. If they have some silly installer program, they probably
haven't updated it because no-one needs it (unless they're stuck with a
platform they're unable to use, as in your case, which is presumably rare
:-) - the firmware doesn't need any installation, it's just one file that
needs to be moved or copied to the archos. A one-click automatic installer
program would be not be much more simple than doing it manually (In normal
circumstance :-) so I can't see updates of such a (normally) useless thing
being a high priority.

But the point of this email: if you want help, you're asking in the wrong
place. You'll get a lot more help from places like the following forums,
which are basically designed for questions like yours. This mailing list is
about developing an alternative firmware to the archos firmware, and tends
to stay focused on this.

egroups archos forum: