Subject: Re: missing win32 file
From: Greg Haerr (greg_at_censoft.com)
Date: 2002-06-11

> Hmm... Well.. The 1.0 code does not work for the player, but the current
code inside the cvs does. The resource file was not included, that is

I'm building the v1.0 code using only a command-line shell
and typing "nmake". I like the capability of building rockbox
using only the MS C compiler, but without the VC environment.

There's two bugs in the v1.0 code required to build for
Windows:

1. in firmware/common/dir.h, "intptr_t handle" is not
defined, change to "int handle". (note: handle member
isn't referenced anywhere, why not just delete it?)

2. Create a uisimulator/win32/uisw32.rc with two lines:
#include "resource.h"
IDB_UI BITMAP ui256.bmp

(the checked-in version includes "afxres.h" and requires VC,
this version will work for either)

> What are those "fixups" you are talking about? Actually I have not found
any real bugs so far... (well.. Maybe the 1.0 code but that's way old)

I've managed to figure out how to get it to compile and run.
I will address more issues in the next email.

Great job guys!

Regards,

Greg