Subject: Re: missing win32 file
Date: 2002-06-11

I'd love to see that patch file as well for the simulator. As it stands I get
undefined errors for win32 as well, and just haven't made it to fixing them.

I want to put more time into it, but the firmware has been keeping me busy
enough with all it's apis :).

I guess what would be nice is if we had a little write up about what one person
did to get the uisimulator for win32 running using strictly nmake on VC 6. If
I get it done then I will send my notes to the list, but at this stage I think
others have had better success.

Quoting Daniel Stenberg <>:

> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Greg Haerr wrote:
> > > Hmm... Well.. The 1.0 code does not work for the player, but the
> current
> > > code inside the cvs does. The resource file was not included, that is
> >
> > I'm building the v1.0 code using only a command-line shell and typing
> > "nmake". I like the capability of building rockbox using only the MS C
> > compiler, but without the VC environment.
> Sounds like a fair goal.
> > There's two bugs in the v1.0 code required to build for Windows:
> Please try to use later source code if at all possible. We do major changes
> all the time and code from last week is already old! ;-)
> CVS is the way here, really.
> > 1. in firmware/common/dir.h, "intptr_t handle" is not defined, change to
> > 2. Create a uisimulator/win32/uisw32.rc with two lines:
> Can please you provide us with patches with you fix things?
> A patch is generally created using a 'diff -u oldfile newfile > patchfile'
> and makes a great file for us to apply without manual fiddling.
> > I've managed to figure out how to get it to compile and run.
> Neato.
> > I will address more issues in the next email.
> Keep 'em coming! ;-)
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box =>

This mail sent through IMP: