Subject: Re: missing win32 file

Re: missing win32 file

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:53:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Greg Haerr wrote:

> Later today, I'm going to suggest a number of (what I think) would be
> improvements in the apps code, much reducing the hard-to-read constant
> #ifdefs and enabling the ability to produce a win32 (and x11) simulator
> that could run either player or recorder without having to recompile,

In my opinion, compiling two different executables is good. The features
of the two versions may be quite similar at the moment, but they will
diverge more and more the further we go.

We don't want the target firmware to contain code that we don't use, and
therefore we probably also don't want the simulators to do it since that
would make them less "target-like".

I agree, though, that the #ifdefs are sometimes more messy than I would
like, so ideas to make the code simpler are encouraged.

--
Björn