Subject: threads in the simulators (was Re: win32 make)
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-06-12

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Greg Haerr wrote:

> This is because the current win32 implementation uses _beginthread rather
> than the rockbox create_thread to start threads, and thread support is now
> required in the lcd firmware driver.

I added thread support to the X11 simulator the other day, and Felix (edx) is
on the case adding it to the win32 simulator too. I trust it is just a matter
of a few days until it works.

I'm using a mutex in the x11 code to let only one thread at a time execute
until yield() is called (which simply returns the mutex and then attempts to
get it again). This makes it more similar to the target thread system.

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/